With the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that comes into effect 25th May 2018, we want to ensure that you fully understand the information we hold about you and the reasons we hold it.
When we collect your data:
* When you create an account
* When you visit our website and use your account to place an order
* When you contact us through the contact us section
* When you enter competitions
* When you sign up to our newsletter
* When you review our products & services
* When you’ve given a third party permission to share the information they hold about you with us
What do we collect:
Hackneywick.co will be what’s known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. We only collect the following basic, personal data about you which does not include any special type of information:
* Your name
* Your address
* Your telephone number
* Your email address
* Your order history
* Information regarding how you got to our website if you came through a 3rd party
* Cookie information from your PC
* Your social media name if you chose to contact us via this platform
How & why do we use your information:
We are committed to protecting your privacy and only use the information we hold about in in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations. We will not collect any personal data from you we do not need to provide and oversee this service to you. No 3rd parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so.
* Your information is used primarily to process your order. If your order is to be delivered to you, we will share your name and address details with our courier company.
* If you have chosen to pay for your order via finance, we will be given details of your application by our finance provider. These details will only be used to obtain payment from the finance company.
* Your details will be shared with the relevant authorities in any cases of fraud or theft.
* Your details will be used to contact you regarding surveys and feedback which help improve our service to you.
*Your information is used to provide you with marketing information about our content, products, and services. If you have consented to receive marketing material from us, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
How we protect your information:
* Our website is secured by “https” technology
* We do not store any card details, these are all held and processed by our third party providers, Stripe & PayPal
How long we keep your information:
We will never keep your information longer than necessary. Order details will be kept on file indefinitely unless you specifically ask us to remove them. This is to ensure we can contact you should an issue arise.
Your rights regarding your information:
Under the new GDPR, you are entitled to:
* access the personal details we hold about you. This will be completed with 30 days of your request and, in most cases, you will not be charged for this
* correct the data we hold about you where it is incorrect, incomplete or out of date
* request the cessation of specific direct marketing
* withdraw your consent to us holding your data at any time
* be notified of any data breaches that may occur. In the very unlikely event that this happens, you will be informed as soon as possible.
Should you wish to obtain a copy of the data we hold about you or if you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us by email .
If, for any reason, we are unable to action your request we will contact you with our reasons why.
If for any reason you feel we have mis-handled your data or are unhappy with any of our responses to your requests, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
You can contact them by telephone on 0303 123 1113 or via their website: